Thursday, November 6, 2014

How green I am?

Hi everyone! Today’s post is about how green I am.
I don’t really know how green I am, the truth is that I try to be the most green I can be, but sometimes is difficult because in Chile there are no conditions to take care of the environmental. From the state the laws are weak, people and companies don’t use to respect them, and when there are some projects to recycle or that kind of things, they only come from the municipality (and not all the municipalities in Chile have the same will or budget to take care from environmental stuff).
Anyway, people can learn about environmentally friendly practices in books, tv programs (in 13c channel are lots of them) and mostly on internet. I think that searching on the internet is the best way to learn about environmentally friendly practices, because there is a lot of information and it’s easy to find.
I try to incorporate recycling to my habits the most I can. For example, I haven’t bought notebooks since I am in the university because I’m re-using my notebooks from the school (They have a lot of empty pages), I prefer to repair broken things instead of buying and that kind of things, I also like to walk (I don’t have a car anyway) and use the public transport. I know is not very much, but that is the easier way to recycle and be green for me.

I have never taken part in an environmental organization because priorities for me are in other topics, but I think that the work that those people do is really important.

1 comment:

  1. I had not thought of the internet as a source of important information jajajajj is a good point!

    ReplyDelete